Saturday, April 13, 2013

managing in a 365 environment after GMail is like being no longer able to teletransport

Trying to manage e-mail in Microsoft 365 (aka Exchange) is really painful after using GMail for years.

It is so hard to return to the notion that each e-mail is an "object" that can only exist in only one place at a time, versus an item that can be tagged innumerable times and therefore exist in any number of places you want.

You mean I have to manually move an e-mail thread after I've replied? It stays in the friggin' inbox, rather than dropping into archive? So weird. And where's my Priority Inbox? You mean it doesn't exist?

Vaguely akin to being able to teletransport at will for years and suddenly not be able to do so.

Fortunately, I only have to do it for those e-mails that relate to one particular client (albeit my main one, my employer).